Indiana Basketball: Lester Quinones trims list to two, includes Indiana

The final target in the 2019 class for the Indiana basketball program has trimmed his list to two ahead of his announcement on Friday.

Four-star guard Lester Quinones, the lone remaining target for the Indiana basketball program,  announced that he has trimmed his list to two teams ahead of his announcement this Friday.

Originally consisting of Memphis, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan and LSU, Quinones said his decision will come down to Memphis and Indiana.

Quinones, ranked no. 62 overall in the 247 Composite rankings, is one of the few remaining top 100 class of 2019 prospects who are uncommitted, and would be a huge boost to the Hoosiers.

Conducting an in-home visit with the four-star prospect on Thursday, the Indiana coaching staff has put a full court press on within the last month of his recruitment.

Quinones, set to make his decision on May 10, said that he will have no other contact with coaches for in-home visits before he announces, making Indiana the last school to be in to see him, and make their final pitch.

About his relationship with the staff and impact his visit to Bloomington made on him and his family, he had this to say to Adam Zagoria.

“Coach Miller and my family are very close and my family loved the visit there,” Quinones said. “I really like their strength trainer and feel he’ll help me get to where I want to be. They have great tradition and I really connected with the returning players on my visit.”

With his ability to score, and more importantly shoot, something Indiana desperately needs, he would be able to come in and impact the game immediately.

Keep with Hoosier State of Mind in order to get all of your Indiana University sports news, updates and rumors.