It was a busy weekend for Hoosier athletics this past weekend. In case you missed the action or want a recap, here is a quick look at how Indiana played out against the competition.
- Check out the game summary of the Hoosiers 75-70 win against Michigan State here.
- Victor Oladipo was named Big Ten Player of the Week this morning after Sunday’s stellar performance. This is his second honor in his Big Ten career (his first on November 14, 2011) and his first this season. Leading the team in scoring against Penn State and Michigan State and averaging 6.5 rebounds per game, he is definitely a threat in the conference.
- Today the new AP and USA Today Coaches Polls were released, putting Indiana on the charts at No. 3. The Michigan Wolverines came in at No. 1 which will make Sunday’s game that much more critical.
- Losing to No. 25 Louisiana State on Sunday, the No. 23 Hoosiers had a long trip home from the ITA Kickoff event at Mississippi State. Two tiebreakers went to the Tigers, ending the match at 4-3.
- The tennis team has a busy upcoming weekend, hosting No. 8 Oklahoma and IUPUI on Friday, Febrarury 1 and Dartmouth and Ball State of Sunday, Febrarary 3.
- The Women’s Tennis team had a demanding, yet rewarding weekend, adding three more wins to their season. Indiana hosted Marquette on Satuday and both Western Michigan and Butler in a double header on Sunday. Winning 7-0 in all matches this season, they are currently nationally ranked at No. 50.
- Coming from three matches in two days, the women have a light schedule this weekend, heading to Marshall on Sunday, February 3 beginning at 10:00am.
- It was a disappointing weekend on the road for the Hoosiers with two Big Ten losses against Wisconsin and Illinois. Friday evening, Indiana traveled to Madison and the No. 20 Badgers took home the win with a 26-9 final team score.
- Before returning to Bloomington, the Hoosiers headed to Champaign on Sunday to take on the No. 6 Fightin Illini. Illinois won 30-9, moving the Hoosier season record to 6-7.
- The Wrestling team’s next match is this Friday, February 1 in the University Gym against Michigan.
Women’s Swimming & Diving
- No. 22 Women’s team beat Purdue 179-121 on Saturday, winning 12 of 16 events. Broadcast live by the Big Ten Network from West Lafayette, the women took an early lead with wins in the first six events.
- Finishing their dual meet season, the women will travel to Louisville on Friday, February 1 at 5:00pm.
Track & Field
- Indiana hosted 30 teams in the Indiana Relays this past Friday and Saturday.
- Earlier today, Senior Derek Drouin was named the Big Ten Field Athlete of the Week, the second time this season, and seventh of his career. Friday night, Drouin took home the high jump at 2.29 meters, tying him for the top of the NCAA lead. But that’s no surprise after his bronze medal win in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
- Their first meet on the road, the Hoosiers will compete in the Meyo Invitational at Notre Dame next weekend.
24 sports. 1 team. Go Hoosiers.